25 September 2007

FRESH PAIR OF POLECATS

Listen to "Fresh Pair of Eyes" by Brooke Waggoner.
http://www.virb.com/music/player/109375


Now listen to the brothers in the snow as they croon "Lonesome Polecat" (and thoroughly enjoy the humor of the interpretive axe dance and the lyric "Can't make no vows to a herd of cows")...



Hear that? WOW. She must have watched this movie as much as I did when I was young. It's still one of my all-time-very-favorites. I could quote it backward and forward, inside and out. Benjamin and Dorcas are my favorite brother-sister pair, and Gideon and little Alice run a close second. If you haven't seen this movie, shame on you, and go make arrangements to see it. Now. Post-haste. Any movie that opens with a song called "Bless Her Beautiful Hide" has got to be gold, right? And the fancy footwork in the barn-raising scene will not disappoint.

Bravo, Brooke, for sampling an old cowboy tune. Me rikey.