04 October 2006

A COUPLE OF THINGS YOU MAY OR MAY NOT CARE ABOUT

#1: Travelocity is offering a $399 Pacific Coast cruise from Seattle to Ensenada. I want to run up the gangplank (what a great word) of that ship. Actually, I'd rather start in Seattle and sail north instead of south, but I guess in those situations you're stuck with what the captain feels like doing...
and B: I just bought the new Madeleine Peyroux album, Half the Perfect World, and she's done a fine rendition of Charlie Chaplin's Smile. It clips along a little more quickly than normal, with a lazy guitar and ukulele, but I find this fitting for a song with a line such as "when there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by." Although I don't reckon that I've ever heard that song butchered, and here's hoping I never do.
Am I the only one who cares? That's entirely possible.