09 August 2008

SURGERY: THE FINAL FRONTIER

In short, we've gone from this...















to this.

















Like I've said when describing the experience of an engine exchange to friends, I know women birth babies every day, but I know nothing about the tremendous thrill it is when they arrive. This was a bit like that -- my awe of cousin Jason and his automotive abilities rendered me speechless when I heard the engine finally catch its first breath of fuel and rev out its first long cry. When it was finally over and we were sitting on the porch I looked at Jason and said, "well what are we going to fill our nights with now??"

Now it's on to the [financial] recuperation period. I'm now on the road, both figuratively and literally. Thanks for reading, and click this here link for photos of the process, which will tell the story better than words could.