24 June 2010

MOLESKINE REVERIES, PART CUATRO



Sixteenth of June......

On my walk back down from Coit Tower on Telegraph Hill, I found a gelato shop in North Beach and, after tastes of Whiskey, Lemon Cream, and Rhubarb flavors, I landed on the fellow's suggestion: Siena: toasted Spanish peanuts and orange blossom honey. Oh Lord. Then I wound through a district with lots of design boutiques, rug showrooms and antique shops, most of which were closed. Still fun to look. A sunny day today, perfectly warm and breezy but quite cool in the shade. I found myself back downtown and in the hubbub of retail and wall street. Now back near Union Square at a place called Café de la Presse, having a gin fizz and enjoying the evening sun and the mix of accents and dialects. I just spoke with a couple from Holland, they were curious about my drawing and the husband was reprimanding the wife for being nosy. I laughed. Such colorful people, full of interest and vigor...