10 September 2010

A LESSON IN HYPERBOLE (PG-13)

hy·per·bo·le [hahy-pur-buh-lee] noun
1. obvious exaggeration.
2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally.

I can't say a whole lot about the following selection of writing. I can't (or won't) say it because if you'll click on the image, it will enlarge on your screen and then you may see for yourself and understand the concept of hyperbole right quickly. Although I'm not sure that this is true hyperbole, because the author could not, in any realm or universe, have possibly meant for us to take this seriously. Oh but I think he did. But then "literally" and "seriously" are two different things. I digress.

If, after reading these two pages, you are not rolling under the table at which you were previously seated and trying to shake out the tears of laughter that have pooled in your ears, you are dead to me.