14 September 2006

PLAIN BEAUTY: new works by evie coates


Friends, it is upon us. The opening reception for my very first, very own solo exhibit is this Saturday, September 16th from 6:30 to 10:30 at the Art and Invention Gallery in East Nashville (1106 Woodland St., 226.2070). Whew. I have had little sleep, but much inspiration (and coffee). As I sat on the floor of my studio last night (actually early this morning), I wondered "Have I captured it? This little western piece of earth that I hold so very dear -- will people get it? Is there going to be connection? Touchdown?"
Please come, if not to the opening, then at some point throughout the following month, and see for thyself. It will be available for viewing and sale through October 15th, and the hours are as follows: Friday and Saturday, 10-6, Sunday noon-5. There it is. Plain Beauty.