26 February 2007

THE PERFECT BATCH
















And they were just that: perfect. Crunchy on the outside, ideally chewy on the inside, with the painterly little criss-cross lines on top. They were made even better by the fact that...
a. they were made on a day off from school, our "winter" break Monday,
b. I was still in my bathrobe and slippers,
c. I watched Swiss Family Robinson (on AMC) as I baked.

A glass of milk was all that was needed to complete the picture. It wouldn't be ladylike to say how many I ate, but let's just say that I made three dozen and they're all gone now. But I won't say how many I actually consumed....We DO have a possum who lives in the basement -- it's possible tht he has a special affinity for peanut butter cookies, and maybe even the opposable thumbs that would be necessary for getting through the door....I'm just saying...